The theme for Safer Internet 2021 is “An internet we trust: exploring reliability in the online world”.
Below are some useful websites most have free resources to support parents/carers and practitioners in guiding children’s safety online.
* www.saferinternet.org.uk: UK Safer Internet has many free resources to support the age 3-7 age group including a video of “digiduck” who believes what he read on the internet and got his homework wrong- it gives advice on how to check facts.
* www.nspcc.org.uk: National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children also has resources for safeguarding children online- did you know that Instagram was the most used platform in child grooming crimes during lockdown April-June 2020?
* https://www.ceop.police.uk/safety-centre/ Child Exploitation Online Protection Centre also has useful free resources.
* https://www.childnet.com/ Childnet has useful free resources for parents and children.
* https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/broadband/parental-control Switched On Families and Internet Matters
Online safety is always a very important matter.
The following links provide very thorough information about child safety online.
These links may be helpful to you: